As Carbon Dioxide (CO2) concentrations rise within facilities, occupants may suffer from fatigue; excessive exposure triggers nausea and/or vomiting. Monnit’s ALTA® CO2 sensor monitors this gas; if levels exceed preset limits, designated personnel are alerted via text, email, or call.
Out-of-the-Box Gas Monitoring
Smaller than a U.S. dollar bill, Monnit’s CO2 sensor can be mounted and monitoring within 15 minutes.
- Measures 0–10000 ppm
- AA-battery powered (10+ year battery life)
- Instantaneous CO2 readings & 8-hour, time-weighted average readings
- Options: on/off switch or line-power with battery backup and on/off switch
The ALTA Wireless Carbon Dioxide Sensor measures the amount of CO2 in the ambient air surrounding the element. It is programmed to take readings at a set interval to accurately calculate CO2 levels, then send the time-stamped data to the iMonnit Online Sensor Monitoring and Notification System at user-specified time intervals (sensor heartbeat). The CO2 data can be reviewed and exported as a data sheet or graph and notifications can be set up through the online system to alert the user when defined thresholds have been met or exceeded.
Features of Monnit ALTA Sensors
- Wireless range of 1,200+ feet through 12+ walls *
- Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)
- Improved interference immunity
- Improved power management for longer battery life **
- Encrypt-RF® Security (Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange
- + AES-128 CBC for sensor data messages)
- All ALTA sensors now have up to 3200 readings:
- 10-minute heartbeats = 22 days
- 2-hour heartbeats = 266 days
- Over-the-air updates (future proof)
- Free iMonnit basic online wireless sensor monitoring and notification system to configure sensors, view data and set alerts via SMS text and email
The standard version of this sensor is powered by two replaceable 1.5 V AA sized batteries (included with purchase). This sensor is also available with a line power option. The line powered version of this sensor has a barrel power connector allowing it to be powered by a standard 3.0?3.6 V power supply. The line powered version also uses two standard 1.5 V AA batteries as backup for uninterrupted operation in the event of line power outage. Power options must be selected at time of purchase, as the internal hardware of the sensor must be changed to support the selected power requirements.
What's in the box?
- Wireless Sensor
- Mounting Hardware
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Indoor air quality
- Cellar and gas stores
- Marine vessels
- Modified atmospheres
- Landfill gas
- Confined spaces
- Ventilation management