The HOBOnet Wireless Soil Moisture Sensor integrates the field-proven ECH2O™ EC5 Sensor and provides readings directly in volumetric water content. The sensor's high-frequency design minimizes sensitivity to salinity and textural effects, and gives it a wide measurement range. HOBOnet Wireless Sensors communicate data directly to the RX3000 weather station or pass data through other wireless sensors back to the central station. They are preconfigured and ready to deploy, and data is accessed through HOBOlink, Onset’s innovative cloud-based software platform.
- ±3% accuracy in typical soil conditions, and ±2% accuracy with soil-specific calibration
- Measures a 0.3-liter volume of soil for taking readings at a specific depth or in a container
- High-frequency (70 MHz) circuit provides good accuracy even in high-salinity and sandy soils
- 922 MHz wireless mesh self-healing technology
- 450 to 600 meter (1,500 to 2,000 feet) wireless range and up to five hops
- Up to 50 wireless sensors per RX3000
- Simple button-push to join the HOBOnet wireless network
- Onboard memory to ensure no data loss
- Powered by rechargeable AA batteries and built-in solar panel
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The RXW-SMC-xxx sensor supports the following measurement: Soil Moisture
A complete system requires at least one HOBO RX3000 Remote Monitoring Station, a HOBOnet Wireless Manager (RXMOD-RXW-xxx), and a HOBOnet Wireless Sensor. HOBOnet Wireless Repeaters (RX-RPTR-xxx) can be added to extend the range.